By Joe Dolittle
In this all-new book review shootout, we put three books to the test. Read on to learn how CCNA Security Exam Cram by Eric Stewart, CCNA Wireless Official Exam Certification Guide by Brandon James Carroll, and IPv6 Security by Scott Hogg and Eric Vyncke stand up to our editorial review.
CCNA Security Exam Cram
In this book you'll learn how to:
- Build a secure network using security controls
- Secure network perimeters
- Implement secure management and harden routers
- Implement network security policies using Cisco IOS firewalls
- Understand cryptographic services
- Deploy IPsec virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Secure networks with Cisco IOS IPS
- Protect switch infrastructures
- Secure endpoint devices, storage area networks (SANs), and voice networks
It's hard to think of something as "cramming" when you're looking at more than 500 pages, but Eric Stewart's book is actually quite clear and understandable. Given the rather obtuse nature of the topic, that's saying quite a bit. The book includes a useful CD-ROM and, for the price, you can't go wrong.
CCNA Security Exam Cram by Eric Stewart, published by Que, is 552 pages and has a retail price of $39.99. We give CCNA Security Exam Cram a rating of 4 out of 5.RATING: 4 STARS
CCNA Wireless Official Exam Certification Guide
This is the master IUWNE 640-721 exam topics with the official study guide :
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-opening quizzes
- Review key concepts with Exam Preparation Tasks
- Practice with realistic exam questions on the CD-ROM
The CCNA Wireless Official Exam Certification Guide is a best of breed Cisco exam study guide that focuses specifically on the objectives for the CCNA Wireless IUWNE exam. Senior instructor Brandon Carroll shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
The CCNA Wireless Official Exam Certification Guide presents you with an organized test preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques. Do I Know This Already? quizzes open each chapter and allow you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks sections help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly.
The companion CD-ROM contains a powerful testing engine that allows you to focus on individual topic areas or take complete, timed exams. The assessment engine also tracks your performance and provides feedback on a module-by-module basis, presenting question-by-question remediation to the text and laying out a complete study plan for review.